Where does the AUV3 put .wav files and how can i delete them?

I don’t store wav’s on iCloud @jsmonzani… the pop up in your screen shot says the sample/wav. file is being stored/imported to the ‘IMPORTED’ folder, which i found in the iCloud folder, not ‘Documents’. I could not find a ‘documents’ folder.!

I use MiRack in standalone (I may have mentioned AUv3). If I record miRack, sounds, samples or whole songs within miRack, I use a nysthi sampler to record into and I (manually) save that sample to the (local) miRack folder… I can then use AudioShare or TwistedWave to extract that recording, edit and bounce around to other apps or even back into miRack.
If I’m importing/loading sounds, samples/wav. files into a (nysthi) sampler, I use AudioShare, where I store all sounds/wav’s. If I import sounds or samples from an external drive, I save them to AudioShare first… where they can then be loaded into nysthi, or cf player (if you’re feeling brave) or any sampler or many other apps.
:+1:

1 Like

Thank you! Makes all sense to me! Although I can’t find an IMPORTED folder on my iPad :open_mouth:
NYSTHI is indeed the safest way to go at the moment for recording.
I love using AudioShare as well as you do :wink:

Have a great day!

1 Like

Brilliant, I wouldn’t worry too much about the imported folder. When you’re feeling confident with the folder/structure have a dig around…

Use AudioShare as a kind of sample hub… for all (compatible) apps.

all the best :v:

1 Like

yeah, i definitely want to avoid reinstalling the app - what a pain! especially since i have a lot of older auv3 patches that use the cf player; dont want to maybe lose connection to those samples that i actually want that are now in the “unknown folder”. guess i could go through each and all patches and write down what samples were used but wow what a time wasting pain.

also @jsmonzani - did you notice in the ios auv3 that when you import a .wav using any of the nythsi ones (the samplers or even the convolution reverb) - any module that allows sample import - that after loading, those samples then too show up in the cf player forever afterward (proving they’ve all been copied to somewhere unkown)? even after you delete the sample from it’s original location. i wish we could turn off this “auto import into hidden folder” behavior. it’s frustrating but the silver lining is it has me very very carefully considering things before every sample i load up in the auv3 plugin. this is actually turning into a weird benefit in disguise.

sad to hear you all have had problems with the cf player-i haven’t had any crashes with those. on my device that module seems to be the most cpu efficient of them all. one patch even has at least 8 or 9 cf player modules in use with no hitches.

@offthesky Yes I’ve noticed samples imported in NYSTHI showing up in cf Player: I thought that they were copied into a “nysthi” folder in miRack’s folder (I had one of this nysthi folder before reinstalling). However, I’ve tested it again and now I can’t see this nysthi folder anymore so I’m very confused about that!

It really seems that we need more transparency on how samples are imported but we can’t do much at the moment. I would tend to avoid samplers for the time being but it’s kind of sad.

Post deleted