Use MIDI in Logic FX

I’m trying to control a miRack effects preset via MIDI (CC1 etc) in Logic. AFAIK, the only way to do this is to load miRack as a MIDI-controlled effect in the instrument slot of an instrument channel. When I load miRack FX as a regular audio plugin on a channel strip, it doesn’t respond to any MIDI input and I can’t set the input to anything other than host.

miRack FX is listed in Logic’s plugin manager as a MIDI-controlled effect, but it doesn’t show in the list of MFX when loading on a channel strip. Any ideas? Or am I going about this the wrong way?

I see… I’ll investigate this. Honestly, no idea why Logic doesn’t showing miRack if it correctly shows its type in plugin manager.

I see it listed but only the ‘Legacy’ version see pick.

As an AU Instrument I see this:AU Instruments

Whilst we are here @pronvit, even though miRack MIDI is seen in the Plugin Manager, it is not seen as an Audio Unit MIDI FX.

Screenshot 2021-09-15 at 11.53.41

Yes, I know. I don’t know why. I’m comparing my MIDI FX to another AUv3 MIDI processor which does show in Logic, and I can’t see any differences. I’ll keep trying.

As for MIDI-controlled FX, in the next miRack update will include some stability improvements to the legacy AU, and then I can recommend just to use it instead, until I find out why AUv3 version doesn’t show here, too.

2 Likes