miRack Status Update

Hey everyone,

There hasn’t been miRack app updates in a while now, and I guess some explanation is needed. Partly that was due to personal reasons, partly because most major features people were asking for had been implemented and there was no rush to do another release. I used this time to do a biggish API-related refactoring in preparation for releasing miRack SDK and supporting commercial modules. I also didn’t want to update included plugins (especially big ones) until the API is finalised.

Unfortunately the internal changes took longer than expected and didn’t go completely as I hoped (this has little end user impact so not to worry). The good news is, this is now finished, and I also updated most of the plugins to latest available version.

The should be a new version in the next two or so weeks which will mainly include these updated modules and some fixes. Then hopefully updates will come much more often - I have a long todo list by now. At the same time, I’ll make the SDK and documentation available, and continue to work on support for commercial modules.

9 Likes

Update is super appreciated! Hope everything is okay on your end! Glad this project is still moving along :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome news! Great to hear! Looking forward to it.

2 Likes

Great looking forward :slight_smile:

1 Like

awesome- really looking forward to seeing where this great app is headed.

1 Like

Thx for keeping us up to date🙏🏽
These are some great news!

1 Like

Great news this is amazing! Take your time :+1:

1 Like

That’s great to hear, I had been wondering but there’s so much still to uncover that I thought it uncouth to ask. I hope everything’s ok and look forward to seeing what emerges :pray:

1 Like

Great news! it’s really good to hear there’s an update on the way.
Sdk sounds awesome too- though I may have to save up for an old Mac so I can try writing my own modules :smile:

1 Like

Awesome news!! Hope all is well in your world.

1 Like

The latest MiRack update is now live in the App Store:

What’s new in miRack 3.55

This version mainly updates many of the included module packs to latest available versions and adds a bunch of new modules, including a calibration module for Expert Sleepers (and similar) audio interfaces and a module to send/receive CVs via OSC protocol.

Other changes:

• New Recently Added category in module browser showing modules added in the last few app updates.
• When starting a two finger pan and zoom gesture, it’s now much less likely to accidentally adjust module controls instead.
• The number of AU parameters that can be exposed to a DAW is increased to 32.
• Other minor UI and rendering tweaks.
Sorry this update took so long to be released, we will now return to our normal practice of releasing frequent smaller updates with fixes and improvements from our (pretty long) to-do list.

2 Likes

Yeah! I’m happy we’re seeing new updates! Looking forward for what will come next :slight_smile:

Fantastic update, thank you

Are we gonna get Instruo modules on miRack?

1 Like

Yeah, I’d love to see their stuff ported… great work on the update, I’m very curious to see what commercial modules will be on the way as well!

Does this update apply to the Legacy AU version as well? If so, do I just re-download from the site here?

Will be Nysthi modules updated soon? thanks! (also woulbe be fantastic having instruo !!)

https://disquiet.com/2021/01/09/instruo-vcv-rack-jason-lim/

Basically, he’s a bit reluctant since MIRack isn’t free, but it hasn’t been ruled out.

1 Like

Interesting read, nice one for posting it :+1::+1:

Anyone know if Polyphony is coming to MI rack similar to VCV rack?

2 Likes