miRack crashing on start up

I cannot get into miRack because it crashes before it has fully loaded up… i have updated to the latest version and it is still happening.

I think the reason could be the impulse response reverb from NYSTHI (convolzilla) that I put into a patch before shutting down the app. !

I’m not sure how long I can survive without virtual modular :scream:

Deleting and reinstalling not really an ideal option, I have somewhere like 500 patches and quite a few tracks in need of just a mix… . @pronvit please help…!

edit- I can make a screen recording if need to.

Did you try opening it to another patch without the faulty module? Like try to open another patch from the files app

2 Likes

It closes itself down before it’s even fully loaded up …:sob:

I don’t have the files app.

Yes I do have files app… never accessed it in this way before… and all is well… phew ! Thank you so much @hghon, I loaded a (different) patch from files app and miRack didn’t mind opening…

Maybe convolzilla needs a fix !

Thanks again @hghon, all the best

2 Likes

Great news @Runcell Cheers

1 Like

i’ve had many problems (crashes, excessive glitches) with convolzilla in mirack, vcv rack pro and vcv standlaone… i think the module is in serious need of some fixes by nythsi

1 Like

It would be great to have this working especially as I have hundreds of IR’s of reverberant spaces that I’ve recorded over the last few years… and to use my own reverbs in a (virtual) modular would be very nice. :pray::musical_keyboard::pray:

looks like somebody has reported an issue with nythsi at their github page: https://github.com/nysthi/nysthi/issues - but doesn’t seem like nythsi can repro the issue. perhaps you might be able to help along the cause?

I only use miRack on iPad and I don’t have vcv… the issue raised on GitHub is about vcv and problem loading in an IR causes it to crash… the issue I had on miRack was not loading an IR, it loaded ok and worked, but after a few mins, miRack just suddenly shut down and and would not open on that patch. I had to open a different patch thru the files app, just to get miRack to open up.
I wouldn’t want to complicate things by throwing in another (different) issue, on a different platform. Maybe better to start a new thread, or appeal to Vitaly @pronvit here… as I’m not sure (remember) if nysthi are onboard with miRack or not ?!