Feature request: Minimal Useful Oscilliscope

I currently use miRack within iPad connected to es9 (which works awesomely!). The current visual tools are really lackluster (IMO) when it come to “CV” levels.

• There is no way to know when there is an offset
  • No idea what the max CV value is / min CV value is … is it 0 - 10v / -5 5 v / 0 5 v
  • overlay between grid values (with offset (much like Mordax Data))
  • even just snapshotting what the value is would be helpful

when I get into the weeds … I have been sending it out to my Modular to use in Mordax, but would love a better insight directly within the application.

Besides this … I have been really enjoying all that it offers … and the performance on an M1 iPad is quite impressive.

1 Like

Have you tried working with the Bogaudio scope in miRack? I also use an ES9 with miRack and have found this Bogaudio scope/analyzer works comparable with the OTool (eurorack hardware module) which is similar to the Mordax.

Not what I am looking for. The Bogaudio stuff is Spectrum Analyzes, not CV Analyzers … I need to be able to see when. it is at 0v or -5v / +5v or even +10v. Also need to be able to see the wave forms at different resolutions (especially when doing stuff with FM / Cross Modulation.)

I am feeding in Midi CC from Drambo and having a more comprehensive tool when allow me to see quicker that it outputs a 0v to 10v … and then I can add a Scale / Offset to turn it into a -5v / +5 v. Without a proper Visual Guide to know when the middle is at zero, I am just guessing.

Did you try Submarine Envelope Oscilloscope? I use it for this exact function

How do you do this @hghon ? I put a sine wave thru and the first peak read 8v which was about right, then the second peak (same amplitude as first peak) read 3v ?? So I’m just as confused, if not more so than before I measured it. Then the scale dial confuses things even more.

Like @dro, I would love to see a scope with +/- Volts on the y axis.

Here’s how I do it: connect your CV to channel B offset input (channel A has some weird through zero sync that makes it difficult) , and dial the “time” knob counter clockwise to slow it down, your CV will be drawn in red , the horizontal white line is at 0V. Now I use the “horz” knob to measure the peaks and troughs

Like this: without changing the offset you can see the CV drawn against time with 0V in the middle and the “horz” touching the wave at -5V. Unless I misunderstood what you need it for @Runcell @dro

2 Likes

Many thanks @hghon… think I was using offset dial. Normally I use Fixed voltage source from NYSTHI if I need precise (constant) voltages. Cheers

1 Like

Glad to help @Runcell cheers

2 Likes